Sunday 15 November 2009

Development: The Fourth Chapter



Validation and Beta Testing


Validation



The Markup Validation Service is designed to ensure that a website (new or old) is not only functioning properly but also complies with certain regulations on how it should be made through Html/Css/Javascript.



The W3C Markup Validation Service is a common website which is designed to do this very job. Open for everyone to use, the user simply enters the correct web address. Example:http://www.leecunnington.co.uk/AboutLee.html and instantaneously the site will scan through the code I have created to check for errors and problems which may make it fail validation. If errors do appear on the results window, then it fails validation automatically. The great thing about W3C is that it displays all of the error messages and tells you which line and column it belongs to within the code. So it helps me to go back into dreamweaver and finding where I'm going wrong.



Validation Passed on AboutLee.html




Not all webpages will pass the first time




Looks like I've got some work cut out for me!



Beta Tests



I have selected random friends and family to test my website for me to find any bugs and errors that may occur when browsing through the site. Even though the website has passed validation, it doesn't mean that errors will go away. There will always been something that needs to be repaired over time.





From these results I have found that the website is in good shape according to the results my friends and family have given me they seem to enjoy the layout, colour styles and the way the navigation is run better than anything else. Only minor problems have been mentioned, though this shouldn't take much time at all to fix before the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment